Find Assisted Living
Learn About Assisted Living
- Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- Dementia & Alzheimer's Care
- Medication Management
- Supervision and Assistance
- Individual Service Plans (ISPs)
- Safe and Supportive Lodging
- Facility Activities
- Respite Care
- What to Expect from Assisted Living Care?
Paying for Assisted Living
The assisted living facilities costs for each state listed according the the cost of assisted living facilities in the state. A list of assisted living cost for many major cities are included.
- Private Funds for Assisted Living
- Social Security Benefits
- Lines of Credit
- Reverse Mortgages
- Part-Time Work
- Life Insurance
- Life Care Funding
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Medicare Supplemental Insurance
- Veterans Benefits
- Disability Benefits
- Section 8 Housing
What to do to create a financial budget and legal documents for seniors to make sure they're cared for properlyre and living
Ways that help pay for assisted living, if your short on savings and cash. Here is a list of other options to help you pay for senior care.
Social Security is a valuable income support for seniors. However, retirees must wisely plan when to draw on it.
Seniors on Medicare assume that the government program automatically pays for their drug prescriptions, but not without Medicare prescription drug coverage.
Making the Move
- Checklist for Visiting Assisted Living Facilities
- Admissions and Discharge Policies
- Waiting Lists
- Resident Turnover
- Assisted Living Facility Violations
- Assisted Living Facility Licenses
- Choosing Assisted Living in a Healthy County
- Making Sense of Assisted Living Ratings
Living in Assisted Living
Simple phone call from a pharmacist to a patient after discharge reduces readmission and increases the hospital's financial savings, especially for patients at high risk for readmission
Healthcare organizations rely on technology and wireless networks to improve patient and resident care and increases the patient, resident and visitor experience.
For Staff and Owners
If you're interested in helping older adults live safely and independently, here's how to start a new assisted living facility
Statistics & Interviews
Assisted living conceived from the unpopular opinion of skilled nursing twenty-five years ago. Today, it's the fastest growing residential housing for older Americans.
Boomers spend more on leisure activities than previous generations, expect to see senior housing providers shift their thinking accordingly.
Senior health expert interviews discussing various topics in senior care.
Popular Questions from Our Readers
- When paying for room and board with coop program paying for services is there help for paying for room and board
- Staff employees names
- Is there a state mandated refund policy for prepaid unused days due to death?
- Where Can I find assisted living for a young adult who is mentally ill?
- I am wondering if your location is hiring any administrative positions/clerical.
- We specialize in Board & Care, Residential Care Facilitis owners and operating Insurance
- What is the starting salary of assistant living administrators?
- Should I take my relatives with me to check out potential assisted living options?
- I am trying to find a family member and he is my cousin and his name is Jackie Bugbee
- My relative has trouble with falling down, would an assisted living home help with that?
Assisted living has emerged as a popular senior living option for those elderly people seeking a place to reside that offers medical monitoring and minor medical care while still offering personal privacy and freedom. Assisted living is licensed and regulated at the state level, which makes for a wide range of differences among assisted living communities.
AssistedLivingFacilities.org strives to serve as the informational resource for assisted living in the United States. We list information on over 36,200 state-licensed assisted living facilities and try to explain the rules and regulations of each state. We try to offer as much useful information as possible to help you decide if assisted living is a good option, and if so, to select the best facility possible.
Most Popular Cities for Assisted Living
Los Angeles, CA