Writer and Editor
"Older adults and family caregivers deserve authentic and straightforward information because growing old is intolerable. It's not about younger vs. older. It's about inter-generations, living together, learning from one another, and exploring solutions that abolish misguided perceptions. No matter the hard-hitting issues that families face, let's face them together. Regardless if we make a mistake and fail, we learn to do it better the next time. Americans don't need to do it alone - whether growing old or giving care. Instead, let's be a society that finds a way to serve the dignity and respect in each of us."
Carol Marak is a writer, an advocate, and resourceful thinker committed to senior care concerns. She simplifies elder care research into doable know-how and steps for family caregivers. Research and data are her specialties. She knows caregivers are busy enough and have little time to interpret the how-to and advice from the experts in aging care, and she encourages families to challenge the dreaded, emotional runoff that surfaces when caring for a loved one.
She helped her parents adjust to growing old. During this phase, she faced sibling conflicts and oppositions, time-consuming medical care, Alzheimer's disease, chronic conditions and care, emergency room visits, transplanting a parent to a nursing home, and dealing with Medicaid. Throughout all, she worked full-time and balanced long-distance caregiving.
How to contact Carol MarakLinkedIn
- What is Assisted Living?
- Who Lives in Assisted Living?
- Services Provided
- Staff and Administration
- Quiz: What type of care is right for me?
- Talking to a Parent
- Assisted Living Costs
- Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
- Putting Together a Financial Plan
- If You Can't Afford Assisted Living
- Planning Your Social Security to Better Pay for Retirement
- Prescription Drug Assistance
- Choosing an Assisted Living Facility
- Moving Out of the Family Home
- Moving Into an Assisted Living Community
- Resident Activities
- Resident Health
- Medication Management and Adherence Education
- How Tech Advanced are Facilities?