Search for Assisted Living by ZIP Code:  :

Washington Assisted Living Facilities

Search Washington Assisted Living Communities

Get FREE Help NOW Choosing the Right Care

Cost of Washington Assisted Living Facilities

According to the 2015 Genworth Financial cost of care survey, the average cost of assisted living in Washington is $4,625 per month.

The monthly base rate for Washington assisted living is typically higher when compared to neighboring states. Washington is also more expensive compared to the national average.

This cost is the base cost for a one-bedroom assisted living unit in Washington. Additional fees beyond the base rate may apply.

More info on Assisted Living Costs

Monthly Costs Compared to Neighboring States


Much of the information above was adapted from the National Center of Assisted Living 2010 Regulatory Review.

Researching Washington Assisted Living? Ask these questions:

  • What terms does Washington require to be disclosed to you prior to making a decision?
    Washington may require the base price, payment schedule, services included in that rate and other items to be disclosed in writing - be sure to find out.
  • What is the Scope of Care offered?
    Find out the minimum services the facility MUST provide to you, as required by Washington. These may include 24-hour supervision, types of meals, medical attention, etc.
  • What are the admission requirements to live at the facility?
    Each state is different; find out what the age and physical health requirements are for this specific facility as well as facilities in Washington. Determine if the type of care you need is offered by the individual facility.
  • Will the facility complete an assessment and create a care plan for the resident?
    Washington probably requires an initial evaluation and the creation of a care plan - be sure to find out exactly what the facility offers.
  • Ask about the handling of medication in the facility?
    There are sure to be specific requirements in Washington - ask how the facility handles administering your medication.
  • Does the facility offer rooms and other areas that meet or exceed those required by Washington?
    Washington will have a minimum size of rooms, a limit to number of people per room, and even requirements as to privacy of available bathrooms - make sure you ask.
  • Does the facility offer the available required staff?
    Make sure the facility staffs the proper professionals, as Washington requires. These may include an administrator and caregivers, as well as round-the-clock staff.
  • Is memory care offered?
    Find out of the facility is licensed to be able to handle dementia or Alzheimer's care in Washington.
  • Are Medicaid waivers available for Washington for this specific facility?
    If you are unable to cover the costs, find out if the facility may offer a Washington Medicaid Waiver. You can also research at

Helpful Washington Assisted Living Resources

Do you have a question about licensing or regulations of assisted living facilities in Washington? Questions about licensing and regulations are handled at the state level. You can contact the Washington licensing and regulatory agency at:
Department of Social and Health Services, Aging and Long-Term Support Administration
(360) 725-2402
Do you want to report an issue or have a dispute with a senior living facility in Washington? Your local Washington long-term care ombudsman can help resolve disputes and offer assistance in your long-term care decisions. You can contact them at:
Long Term Care Ombudsman of Washington
Local: (253) 838-6810
Tollfree: (800) 562-6028
Are you aware of all the Washington health-based programs available to you? Your Washington Health Department can be a great resource. Contact them at:
Washington State Department of Health
Local: (360) 236-4501
Local Notes: TTY Phone: 711
Tollfree: (800) 525-0127
Tollfree TDD: (800) 525-0127 ext. 711
Are you familiar with the Washington Area Agencies on the Aging and all the assistance they can provide to you?

The Washington AAAs (Area Agency for the Aging) are very helpful. These offices can provide guidance to those 60+ in Washington regarding elder abuse, caregiver support, insurance counseling, transportation and much more.

Find your local Washington AAA below:

Olympic Area Agency on Aging
Port Hadlock, WA
(360) 379-5064
Northwest Washington Area Agency on Aging
Bellingham, WA
(360) 676-6749
Snohomish County Long Term Care and Aging Division
Everett, WA
(425) 388-7200
Aging and Disability Services (ADS), Seattle/King County
Seattle, WA
(206) 233-5121
Pierce County Aging & Disability Resources
Tacoma, WA
(253) 798-4500
Lewis-Mason-Thurston Area Agency on Aging
Olympia, WA
(360) 664-2168
Area Agency on Aging and Disabilities of Southwest Washington
Vancouver, WA
(360) 735-5720
Aging and Adult Care of Central Washington
East Wenatchee, WA
(509) 886-0700
Southeast Washington Aging & Long-Term Care
Yakima, WA
(509) 965-0105
Yakama Nation Area Agency on Aging
Toppenish, WA
(509) 865-7164
Aging & Long-Term Care of Eastern Washington
Spokane, WA
(509) 458-2509
Colville Indian Area Agency on Aging
Nespelem, WA
(509) 634-2758
Kitsap County Division of Aging and Long-Term Care
Port Orchard, WA
(360) 337-5700

Washington Assisted Living Facilities by City